Friday, August 21, 2009

Tuesday and the way to Friday. Oh yah.

Tuesday..

Well today was the first set of workshops at CCM. And let me tell you, it’s went quite well. My workshop was Direct/Produce/Wrtie with Doug Rittenhouse. It was really good. I was a little nervous going in there and maybe being asked question that I had no idea what the answer was. If you know me, then you’ll know that I really don’t know that much about the technical things of film. Thankfully, he told us all about like what the director, producer, and writer do. We learned like all the other postions to and all that jazz. And we even got to watch some of, “Behind the Music” Journey edition, in which Doug, uhh, produced it (?). I wanted to watch the whole thing becuase wasn’t it Journey the band that Lincoln Brewster had played for, for a little bit? I don’t know. Anyway, after lunch we did a excercise thing. You see when you are writing a film or television show or whatever for it to actually sound real you have to research your subject and the background of the history and all that. So Doug assigned us two research assignments. First, he assigned us a musician (I got Steve Taylor) and then a real life story in which Jesus changed the persons life, for that I got the subjet of self-injury, cutters. We had an hour to get as much information as we could and like to write a paragraph about it. I was really nervous that I was doing it wrong, but I guess I did good. Doug gave me pointers to make it better, for some reason I was thinking that if I didn’t do a good job that Doug would like fail me, but when he just gave me pointers I remembered what he said, “it’s okay to fail, I give you permission to fail.” And even though I didn’t fail this research assignment it made me feel better knowing that if I do try my best and I do fail that it’s okay, and I just need to get right back on that horse.

After the workshop we had a session with Mr. Hasz where he talked to us about like cleanliness and manners, it was good and funny. After the session was dinner but as I told you before this entry is that I did like a run through of lines with these guys at CCM and they wanted me to come in and do a audition in front of a camera, so before dinner I walked over to CCM (and let me get this straight CCM isn’t just an easy walk to the next building it’s like a mile away! and I walked like 5 times to it today!) So when I got to CCM they had me go into the studio and I sat on a stool and I looked into the camera and read my lines, I tried to like memorize them a little bit so I didn’t have to like look down a lot. I think it went well for the most part. But hey what do I know. As long as I got just a slight shot at something that’s good for me. yup.. So that was my day. Well then after dinner we had a session with Mrs. Luce. She’s the new women’s director at Teen Mania so there is a class for like girls and it was like intro for that. It was really good.

We also found out that we will be having core mom’s, these are women from the ages of 20-60 who will be out moms and have us over at their houses and just love us. I’m excited about that. I didn’t know any of the names except one, Mary Beth Hasz, Mr. Hasz’s mother, ha ha.. I just thought you would like to know. So that was my day. I can’t really rememeber anything else, so for now I will say good bye.



Wednesday,

Today was definetely not as good as yesterrday, well it was like knowledge wise, but excercise wise. (wha?) No good. I set my alarm as always since I’ve been here at 5:30 a.m. But since my phone’s battery is like dying, not like if I charge it, it’ll be fine dying. But like serious DYING. It refuses to keep a charge and that little hourglass keeps on flipping over and over. Ummm hello, Mr. Hourglass man, you are not the energizer bunny! So stop doing that! Yup.. So I woke up with a jolt when I heard my roommate moving around and getting ready, I was like Oh my. Once we got down to the anvil for corporate I was like doing okay, but then the jogging of the loop came, all 1.2 miles of it, which includes inclines and declines. I just was not feeling it today, my calves were on FIRE! I thought that maybe the devil was holding an open flame to them, it was bad. But the day before Mr. Hasz had said not to give into what our body wants and even when it would say to give up and start walking that we should keep on jogging. So when it came time to jog today, our core was determined to keep jogging, we had done it the day before but today I was like UGH. But you want to know something, I jogged the whole time, I pushed past that pain and I finished it with a sprint. Amen, sister.

Uh.. Oh yes, then after that we had more workshops at CCM. I was in the editing workshop and let me tell you something it was so much fun. I am so excited to get in there and started. But at the same time I’m nervous becauase if I was an edit assist I would have to be doing certain stuff that sounded kind of hard and I don’t think I would want to mess up! Trusting in God though to help me out. But what also made the workshop fun was the people in it. There are so many different characters! Seriously, one of the guys there just breaks out in song, it’s really funny, and there are just so many funny people. I could probably just sit around and listen to them discuss the Lord of the Ring movies or imagine if Christian Bales was in a musical and them singing songs with the voice of batman. Hilarious. Anyway, the workshop was really fun and hopefully I will be able to become an edit assist and help out.

I just hope that I won’t get intimidated or get nervous or shy or whatever. After all that we had a session and it was really good. It was about, Blood Covenant. Yup.. So then we had core discussion and then I went to bed. Fun stuff man.


Thursday,


Well today was a little bit easier at corporate, on the run I ran with Jessica and I told her to push me and if I was going slow to tell me to speed up. I jogged the whole way. I’m getting better at it, but I’m sure I could be better. But like the inside of my foot is like killing me! I don’t know if it’s like because I have a sore muscle or if there’s something the matter. But whatever it is I don’t like it. I think I’ll look into it and see if I need to wear like a foot bind when I run.

After corporate, there was showers and then breakfast. We had grits and a bagel. And let me tell you, I love grits! They are so good! I wasn’t able to finish my bowl because I had to go to session but it was still good. After worship we had quiet time and then we had a session about school credits and ran through the test we have to take tomorrow. Then the rest of the day is sort of all a blur. But I do remember at the night session we went down to the pool and people that wanted to be rebaptized were able to. So that was really awesome to see. Then we went to bed. There was lightning in the distant and it was really cool looking.


Friday,


Well guess what, woke up at 5:30 and we didn’t have corporate! So I was able to sleep in until like 7:30. It was amzing. I didn’t know that waking up at 7:30 was considered sleeping in. Sheesh this is what the Honor Academy does to you. After breakfast, worship, quiet time, and a session on churches in the area, we took the, Honor Academy Manuel Test, it was 201 questions about the manuel. The night before I had just read through the manuel and then we had that review session so I was pretty sure that I did well. Once I got finished with it, people were allowed to leave and do whatever until 12. So I was finished by 11 and I went and got my laptop and then went to the Caf and listened to Christmas music (it’s the only thing that I wanted to listen to, today!) and did random stuff on my computer. I took a personality quiz that Bob gave us and do you want to know what I got for my results? I got


Your Type is

ENTJ


Extraverted

Intuitive

Thinking

Judging

Strength of the preferences %

1

25

25

1


I am, slightly expressed extravert, moderately expressed intuitive personality, moderately expressed thinking personality, and slightly expressed judging personality


I got an extraverted pointage of 1.. ONE!!!! I am so mad that I got that. Seriously, I’m not some crazy person that hides under a rock all day! Just cause I like to be by myself sometimes and not go to parties doesn’t mean I’m not outgoing!! Ugh. Darn this quiz! On the famous personalities that are like mine at the top of the list is, Napoleon. Napoleon the crazy short man that killed himself. This is not good. But you know what I am NOT going let some stinky test control my life I’m going to push through and well honestly I probably won’t even remember this by tomorrow. Shows them right. Yup.

Exhale. I’m over that. If you would like to know I did pass the Manuel test. Yeah! I got like a 94% on it. And you needed an 80% or higher to I’m satisfied. I ate lunch. Which was delicious it was like flat bread, lettuce, tomato, olive, beef, and onions. Yumm. But saying that I’ll eat anything It may not of been that good but I enjoyed it. Now I am at the CCM session and waiting for it to start up again. We’re taking a break, it’ll start in like 4 minutes. So. Getting commited tonight. ha ha. That sounds funny, but we’re just doing the banquet we’re we commit ourselves to two years at CCM. Get a our H.A. badge, get to wear our uniform and get to pledge to Teen Mania. Hoorah. I’ll tell you how it was later. Who know’s maybe I’ll take pictures. Of course I will. I will. Unti then I will leave you with this:

"A revolution can be neither made nor stopped. The only thing that can be done is for one of several of its children to give it a direction by dint of victories."

-Napoleon Bonaparte


-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment